Not yet included in the RAVEL portal, the official site of greenways in Walloon region, l as the works are currently underway
Several links to news related to the former Linea 115 transformation.Petition of local groups for active mobility by bike to realise the ravel:
Le potentiel du futur ravel de la ligne / Ligne 115 Zone Bouseuse enfin recouverte de gravier / 115 amenagement des abords.
Report on the local TV about the works for the realisation of the greenway
Owner/holder of the abandoned railway:
Emphyteutic lease between Wallonia and the SNCB, allowing Walloon region to use the former railway line 115 Braine l'Alleud - Clabecq for the transformation of this line into a greenway.
Note: The map show an aapproximate itinerary, which will be detailed after the completion of the greenway.
Total climbing: 0 m
Total descent: 0 m
The potential of this future RAVeL is significant and very diversified; it will be the backbone of many safe rides & walks for children, families, less experienced cyclists, etc.
- Sports centres, schools, municipal administration premises, shops, etc. are close to this structuring greenway.
- Will avoid the crossroads of Mont-Saint-Pont, too dangerous in its current configuration.
- Will permit reaching companies located in the industrial zone by bike,
- Connection with the important communication node that is the SNCB and TEC Braine-l’Alleud station, which serves around ten destinations.
- Connection with the towpath of the Canal de Charleroi Brussels, part of the regional RaVel #3
Points of Interest: Memorial of Waterloo 1815 is a Belgian museum complex located on the site of the Waterloo battlefield in Belgium. It includes a museum inaugurated in 2015, the Lion’s Mound, the Panorama of the Battle of Waterloo and the Hougoumont farm. (located in Braine-l’Alleud) Source Wikipedia
This greenway has been strongly demanded locally for sustainable mobility. The highest expected use will be cycling for active mobility; it will be, as generally in greenways, suitable for cycling, walking, running, horse riding.
Cyclists, walkers, horse riders and, most likely, people with reduced mobility (to be confirmed upon completion of the work), as usual in the RAVel -greenways.
There is a plan for trasforming the abandoned railway into a greenway. Works are currently underway. The work is funded by the Walloon Region and the Province of Walloon Brabant is the contracting authority for this project.