Owner/holder of the abandoned railway:
The general legal framework in the Walloon Region is an emphyteutic lease between Wallonia and the SNCB, allowing the Walloon Region to use the former railways to develop greenways
Total climbing: 556 m
Total descent: -436 m
- Very good connexions with sports equipment’s, namely the sports hall in Martelange is right nearby.
- Great diversity of natural and cultural assets, the greenway crosses a very beautiful & historically valuable rural area, the Ardennes region.
- It is right on the border of Luxembourg, which gives it a cross-border interest.
- Parc de la Haute-Sure/Foret d’Anlier: the area around the Maison du Parc invites to discover local ecosystems: signposted walks, recreational facilities, including the “bird walk” & the “biodiversity labyrinth
- This section is part of the large regional route W9 La Véloroute grandeur Nature, (From Raeren to Martelange), which includes the Vennbahn, a 125 cross-border rail-trail greenway connecting Germany, Belgium and Luxemburg
- Ardoise Museum Haut-Martelange: provides a complete overview of a mining industry that has shaped the region for 200 years.
- Bastogne War Museum. The main World War II memorial site in Belgium, with a focus on the Battle of the Ardennes.
Potential users are cyclists, walkers, horse riders and; no information about people with reduced mobility.
The route is already developed as Pre-Ravel. Improvement works are planned: development of the RAVeL between Radelange and Martelange (1 km). Stage: award of works.